About the Book
Views from Sandhausen: Experiences from a Foreign Service Assignment
Views from Sandhausen is a diary of an American couple on their first Foreign Service assignment in Europe. He is an experienced international traveller who is an Information Technology Professional, then working for an American Fortune 100 company — assigned to Germany. His wife is a well-tended, adventurous woman who revels in the good life that being married to a successful mid-level executive provides.
Views is a series of more than 100 notes (with photos) sent home to their friends and families to keep them updated. Views is funny, heart-breaking, informative and thought-provoking, and provides the reader with a look at what is involved in ripping a successful middle-aged couple from their comfortable life in the United States, and dropping them into an entirely new set of circumstances overseas. Views is a perspective that you will not find in Fodor’s, and is not commonly available in any other venue.
With very little support from ‘The Fortune 100 Company,’ this loving couple learns lessons the hard way, and overcomes the challenges with grace and determination. Views will serve couples faced with a similar challenge as an essential guide. For others, it is a quick, humorous, entertaining read about a world that only a few will experience. It is an emotional investment in a new opportunity, a journey of triumph as obstacles are conquered.
Our target audience includes:
• All readers looking for a quick, emotional journey with many cheers and a few tears
• General readers who enjoy learning new ideas in a humorous, 1st- and 2nd-person presentation
• Expatriates serving or planning to serve overseas — Corporate or Governmental
• Corporate organizations and personnel interested in the subject
• International travellers
• Readers interested in Europe
• Anyone wishing to take a vicarious walk through Europe